Welcome to My Fishing Ventures, an informative and up to date informations on fishing tackle, fishing tips and reports of my latest fishing experiences in both freshwater and saltwater! I hope that you find these infos helpful and I look forward to your comments.

Fishing - Lake Murray 8/15/09

Decided to hit up Lake Murray last Saturday morning. Got there at about 6:30am and fished the west side of the lake by the baseball field. Started out with topwater using the Rage Toad, awesome bait. Got a few blowups but only managed 1, a nice 3.5 lbr, I guess I should be a little more patient and not set the hook too soon. Switched to a dropshot, using Roboworm MM and manage a couple of dinks. Left the lake at 11:00 am, ended up 3 fish. Like always, fun time.

Gear:
Abu Garcia Revo S w/50lb Power Pro braid on 7ft med-heavy Fenwick HMXT70MH baitcast rod. Lure=Strike King's Rage Toad

Daiwa Exceler 1500 with 4/lb flouro on a Fenwick HMXS70 spinning rod use for dropshot. Lure=Roboworm MM

No comments: