Welcome to My Fishing Ventures, an informative and up to date informations on fishing tackle, fishing tips and reports of my latest fishing experiences in both freshwater and saltwater! I hope that you find these infos helpful and I look forward to your comments.

Bluegill Fishing: Santee Lakes

Went down to the Bloodbank to donate blood at 8 a.m. on Saturday. Came home and rested for awhile, till my wife walks in the room and asked me if I wanted to go bluegill fishing. I jumped right out of bed and grabbed the rods, packed up some food & beers and off we went.

Got to the lake at around 2:00 pm, got some nightcrawlers and we were ready to go. We asked one of the rangers where the good bluegill spot were in pointed us to a spot. Cut down the crawlers to small pieces, rigged up a bobber and handed off the rod to my wife. Before I can start rigging mine up she was already hooked up. Just constant bite after that, none were really big but plentiful and fun. We stayed at the same spot all day, well, the 4 hours that were there. Caught lots of fish and got to spend some quality time with wife, it was a great day.

No comments: