Welcome to My Fishing Ventures, an informative and up to date informations on fishing tackle, fishing tips and reports of my latest fishing experiences in both freshwater and saltwater! I hope that you find these infos helpful and I look forward to your comments.

Sightfishing Dixon Lake

Decided to fish Dixon Lake on Friday, a day after a full moon. Got to the lake about 6:30 am, got the boat and I was on my way. While I made my way over to Bass Point, I reached in my pocket for my polarized sunglasses and realized that I had left it at home. I was very angry at myself at that point, what is sightfishing without the polarized, especially with this lake being a little windy.

Anyways, I had no choice but to make do without them. So, I started fishing bass point, could not see any fish but went ahead and did some blind casting with the spinnerbait. Managed to get 2 bass right around 2 lbs. Headed over to bass cove and saw a lot of fish over 5 lbs just cruishing around, just could not get them to hit. I pretty much fished this area almost the whole day, managed to hook 4 bedfish here and also caught some on flukes and jigs.

At around noon the wind picked up and my battery went dead, so I had to paddle back to the boat dock. If any of you fished Dixon Lake before, you know how hard that wind blows. So paddling back to the dock when you're on the other side of the lake is no fun at all. The gentleman at the dock asked me if I wanted a new battery put it, but after all the paddling, I was beat. Decided to call the day, with 9 fish caught & release, all solid fish. My take was that, it was just the first leg of the spawn and will continue during this month, Dixon is always one of the last lakes to spawn around here. Lots of fun, hope to get back again next week.

No comments: