Welcome to My Fishing Ventures, an informative and up to date informations on fishing tackle, fishing tips and reports of my latest fishing experiences in both freshwater and saltwater! I hope that you find these infos helpful and I look forward to your comments.

Trout Fishing - Lake Poway 1/2

Woke up at about 4:30 am, packed up some food and off I go to Lake Poway to try my luck again with the trout.

Got to the lake around 5:30 am, driving up to the parking lot to find out that it is almost full. Looks like it's going to be a busy day, which turned out to be just that. After getting my permit, I started walking the very limited shore access due to high water level and the numbers of anglers fishing the shorelines.

Finally, I settled on a spot just before Boulder Bay and pretty much stayed in the spot for 6 hours. Ended up catching 3 small trouts soaking Powerbait in rainbow color. Left the lake at about noon, never did see many people catching fish. I think that I only saw 1 fish in a stringer while walking back to the car.

A very disappointing day for me, 3 fish in 6 hours, but it beats working so I take it any day.

No comments: