Welcome to My Fishing Ventures, an informative and up to date informations on fishing tackle, fishing tips and reports of my latest fishing experiences in both freshwater and saltwater! I hope that you find these infos helpful and I look forward to your comments.

Trout Fishing - Lake Poway 11/27

Got to Lake Poway kinda late at a little after 7 am, over slept. Fish the Half-moon Bay most of the day. Managed to get 2 little ones, but lost a big one. 

Sitting there soaking Powerbait in rainbow color when this fish started taking line, took about half a spool of my 4lb. test line. Seconds later the fish leaped a foot out of the water and snapped my line. I don't know how much he weighed but got a good look at him, I would say that he had to be at least 6 to 7 pounds. That really hurt.

Anyways, I only saw one angler leave with a limit (4 fish) at about 11:30 am. He said that he was there at the crack of dawn, apparently they were biting early then died off when the sun came out. It looked like he had a couple of fish that were over 5 pounds and the others are probably around 2 to 2.5 pound. I caught one of fish with the rainbow Powerbait and the other with a nightcrawler & Powerbait combo. I maybe going back to Lake Poway again this coming weekend and I'm going to make sure that I there super early.

No comments: