Welcome to My Fishing Ventures, an informative and up to date informations on fishing tackle, fishing tips and reports of my latest fishing experiences in both freshwater and saltwater! I hope that you find these infos helpful and I look forward to your comments.

Shores of Lake Murray

Hit up Lake Murray this morning for a few hours. Spent the whole time walking down the shores in search of spawning bass. I was really tough because the water was stained, but managed to find a few beds and managed to hook a couple of males. I did try to catch some of the females, there was a time when I spent an hour on 1 of them, but could not catch her. I kept throwing lures at her, but the male just kept pushing her off, taking my bait away from the nest and spitting it out. Didn't want to set the hook on the male to avoid spooking the big female, so maybe she'll get mad enough to get her to bite, but she never did. Anyways, managed to get 3 fish, all males at about 2-2.5 lbrs. Weapons of choice: 6'5" med daiwa rod, daiwa spinning reels, 6 lb. Berkeley flouro line and robo bed bait in dropshot rig.

No comments: