Welcome to My Fishing Ventures, an informative and up to date informations on fishing tackle, fishing tips and reports of my latest fishing experiences in both freshwater and saltwater! I hope that you find these infos helpful and I look forward to your comments.

Lake Poway, April 24

Took off work for the day to do some spring fishing. Got to the lake when it opened at 6:00 am, got the boat and off I went.

Weather was over cast and a little in the cool side. Started off fishing the shallows with a spinnerbait and was able hooked in to a couple, but nothing big. When the sun finally came out, decided to do some sight fishing and able to catch a few smaller male. Did really see any females, but did see a lot fry's swimming around so I figured it was in between spawn. The wind picked up and made it hard to sight fish let alone hold the boat in place. I then decided to anchor up and fish the rock pile, turned out to be a good decision. Switched to drop shot with Roboworm in bold bluegill color and just slayed them with some decent size bass.

After a couple of hours fishing that same rock pile, decided to call it a day. Ended up with 22 bass, with the biggest one at about 4 pounds. Here are some photos. Last fish was the biggest one, very long but skinny, figure it's a post spawn.



No comments: