Welcome to My Fishing Ventures, an informative and up to date informations on fishing tackle, fishing tips and reports of my latest fishing experiences in both freshwater and saltwater! I hope that you find these infos helpful and I look forward to your comments.

Bed Fishing - Lake Poway

Since the weather was going to be warm, I decided to take off work and hit up one of my favorite fishing hole, Lake Poway.

Got to the lake around 7:30 am, yes I over slept a little. Asked the ranger how the trout fishing was and he said that it had shutdown because of the warm weather, but told me that the bass fishing was great. So, got my boat on the water by 8:00 am. Headed straight out across the lake from the boat ramp to the other end of the bouy line. Awesome, there were only three other boats in the lake.

A little breezy making the water a little choppy, so started out throwing spinnerbait. Got 3 bass in the first 15 minutes. The wind died down not too long after and the lake went glassy, I looked down on the water and there were spawning beds all over with fish on every one of the them. Tied on jigs and picked them off like crazy. I probably ended up fishing about 100 yard of shoreline and ended up landing 17 and had a few come unbuttoned. Definitely one of my better day of fishing in a while. Hear are some photos...












Quit fishing right around 12:30 pm, just got too hot out (90+ degrees) with no shades to hide the boat in. Plan to come back again this coming weekend or maybe during the week next week.

No comments: