Welcome to My Fishing Ventures, an informative and up to date informations on fishing tackle, fishing tips and reports of my latest fishing experiences in both freshwater and saltwater! I hope that you find these infos helpful and I look forward to your comments.

Fishing: Lake El Capitan 10-17-09

When I got to work last Friday, my friend/co-worker Steve ask me if I wanted to do some fishing on the weekend. I said yes, ofcourse, and he then left me to decide on which lake to fish. Since I have not fished Lake El Capitan for sometime, it became my choice.

Met up with Steve at his house at 6:00 am Saturday morning and off to Lake El Capitan we were. Got to the lake at 6:30 am only to find out that there was a tournament going on. So we ended up waiting in line behind 20 boats before we could launch. Luckily, Lake El Capitan had a pretty wide boat ramp. Finally got on the water a little before 7:00 am.

Headed down and started fishing the north end of the lake, air temp was 71 degrees, water temp was 65. We started throwing some topwater to start the day but for nothing. I later switch to Senko worm and managed a dink. Switched to jigs for nothing, tried spinnerbait & cranks for nothing. 

It's now 10:30 am, fishing is tough and the burning sun was even tougher. Temperature was creeping up and is now over 90 degrees with no wind at all. So we jetted down by the dam and started fishing with a dropshot rig. Managed to catch 2.5 lbr on the first cast of the dropshotted Roboworm, but that was about it.

It is at noon time when we decided that we had suffered enough, not just from the heat but also from the frustration of the a tough day of fishing. We leave Lake El Capitan with the air temp at 97 degrees and water temp at 73 degrees. I ended up with a couple of fish and Steve got none. It may not have been a good day of fishing, but it was still fun just being out there enjoying the sport that I love.

No comments: