Welcome to My Fishing Ventures, an informative and up to date informations on fishing tackle, fishing tips and reports of my latest fishing experiences in both freshwater and saltwater! I hope that you find these infos helpful and I look forward to your comments.

Fishing: Lake Miramar

Went fishing with Steve, a friend from work, last Saturday. We decided to fish Miramar since there have been some good report lately. Got there at around 5:20 am and on the water at about 5:35. The lake looked awesome, lots of grass underwater, tullies surrounding the whole lake and there were hardly any boats on the water.

Started out throwing topwater baits. Steve went with a popper and I went with the Rage Toad. We both managed to catch a couple LMB each. Continued topwater fishing till about 10:00 went the temperature started to heat up. We switched to crankbaits and plastics and managed a few with those. Come noon time, we were done, temperature was at 100 degrees so we were out of there.

Had a good time, lake was beautiful, caught some fish and just plain relaxing. I just wished that I had brought my flipping stick with me to fish some of those underwater matted grass. It has been a while since I fished Lake Miramar so I didn't really know what the lake condition was going to be like. Anyways, hope to get back there in a couple of weeks. PS... sorry Steve for missing that fish with the net, I never was good at netting someone else's fish...haha!