Welcome to My Fishing Ventures, an informative and up to date informations on fishing tackle, fishing tips and reports of my latest fishing experiences in both freshwater and saltwater! I hope that you find these infos helpful and I look forward to your comments.

87lb Blue Catfish Caught On 4lb Test Line

Congratulations to Adam Hinkle of La Mesa, who caught a 87-pound Blue Catfish with 4lb test line in Lower Otay Lake. Adam was fishing for bass when the big blue hit, in which apparently took him over an hour to land.

At 87lbs, this fish exceeded the breaking strenght of the 4lb rated test line by over 20 times. It also shatters the current International Game Fish Association line-class world record for that test line. Adam could have applied that record, but chose not to because he said that the fish was caught accidentally.

1 comment:

Shane said...

Wow, that is crazy! 4lb test line? I use 15lb test just to hold my sinkers on.

Shane
http://www.MSrivercatfish.com