Welcome to My Fishing Ventures, an informative and up to date informations on fishing tackle, fishing tips and reports of my latest fishing experiences in both freshwater and saltwater! I hope that you find these infos helpful and I look forward to your comments.

Fished Santee Lakes this morning!

Hit up Santee Lakes this morning. Got there at 6:30 am and it was pretty cold, hands were frozen, probably missed hits cause I could not feel them. I know, some of you from the midwest who are reading this are probably calling me a whimp. I undertand, but I grew up in SoCal and born in the islands, so anything below 70 degrees is cold.

Started out at Lake 4, those of you who are familiar with Santee Lakes, there are 5 chain of lakes. Started out tossing weightless Senkos next to the tullies without much luck. Moved to the end of the lake and saw shad busting the surface, so I tossed the Senko in and right away I got hit but missed it. I snagged a shad while reeling in, so I tied on a lipless crankbait to match the shad color. Sure enough, threw it out and hooked a small largemouth, but that was about it. So moved over to Lake 5, but had no luck with the crankbait. Switched to Senkos and jigs tossing next to the tullies & logs, but no love there.

After 2 hours of fishing with just 1 fish, I was getting a little frustrated. So I moved on the Lake 3. As I was walking up I saw a guy hook up on a dropshot rig, so I switched to a dropshot with my go to bait the Roboworm (Margarita Mutator). First cast, hooked a 2 lber, not bad. After a few more cast, nothing. Moved back over to Lake 4 by the paddle boats and caught 1 there about the same size.

It 11:00 am and it was starting to get hot and all picnikers are starting to arive, so I called it the day. 4 hours with 3 fish, usually that is a bad day, but for me at 3 largemouths at Santee Lake is not bad. I've caught lots of trouts, catfish & bluegills there in the past but the bass have not given me much love. So 3 fish there, I was happy.

No comments: